Do you live for hardware and tech? Do you want to work where you’re truly valued and help to shape the future of games journalism? BGFG is a Manchester-based global publishing powerhouse and we’re looking for the very best journalists who want to take the next big step up in their careers. In return, we’ll give you everything you need to thrive and develop in a creative working space in the heart of Manchester.
We want an experienced editor to lead WePC, our flagship site dedicated to PC hardware, tech and gaming. You’ll take charge of the editorial output of the site and develop a long-term content strategy, and you will work with our dedicated SEO, video, benchmarking and social media teams to deliver the very best gaming content across all platforms. You’ll be sensational with words but also know what makes content successful commercially. You will manage an incredibly talented team of writers and content creators and will also be the public face of the site in the industry. This is an exciting role for a senior hardware/gaming editor looking to move their career up a level.
- To establish and help develop relationships with brands, alongside our internal PR.
- To edit all content within the team.
- Products team responsibilities include:
- To develop a product specialist team to focus on PC component testing.
- To create SOPs for acquiring, testing and reviewing products including the physical testing of products and write ups as well as lending a hand with creating templates for videos alongside our Video Manager.
- To build a priority product list of upcoming products and latest releases to ensure we’re focusing on the best products and reviewing/publishing content surrounding these products as efficiently as possible.
- To create a scoring card for each product type.
- To create a new ‘how we test’ section.
- To establish a standardised methodology so we can establish ‘WePC awards’ for use on our website.
- To manage the creation of all data related to product testing and ensure it can be used by other departments.
- Wider editorial team responsibilities
- Establish a wider editorial team that focus on
- Informational content such as; buyers guides, How To’s, Best Of Guides
- Hardware news
- Supports the product specialists team with review content
- Content written by your team.
- Traffic generated to the site by your teams pages.
- Product review schedule.
- Quality and efficiency of our testing processes.
- Optimising buyers guides to ensure they are up to date and performing as expected.
What to expect
Fast paced environment with a big focus on efficiency and balancing quality of content with quantity to enable us to compete with our largest competitors. We’re the new kids on the block, brand relationships need to be built.
What experience do you need?
- In-depth knowledge of PC gaming hardware and PC gaming
- Proven experience of team building and management
- Proven experience of managing workflow in a publishing environment
- Excellent knowledge of SEO and traffic acquisition
- Highly-tuned editorial and commercial mind
- In-depth knowledge of WordPress and Google Analytics
- Ability to write accurate and entertaining copy, and edit others to the highest standard
- Experience of workflow scheduling tools such as Monday, Trello, etc
- Experience of working with Amazon affiliate links.
- Experience working with web designers and graphic artists.
- Experience of gaming industry events and relevant contacts.
- Experience of on-camera or audio hosting/presenting.
- Experience of optimising content specifically for social platforms (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, TikTok etc).
- Company Pension Scheme – 3% Employer Contribution
- Company Share scheme
- Recruitment referral fee of £250 per person recruited
- Tech Giveaway Lottery
- Employee rewards programme
- Health & Wellbeing
- 22 days Holiday plus bank holiday
- Private Medical Insurance & Wellbeing (Private GP, Physio, Mental Health, Dental included and discounts on Gym Membership, health tech, Free Apple Watch, Free Amazon Prime, plus lots more)
- Additional Holiday added to your annual allowance per year of service (Up to a max of 10)
- Flexible working with core hours being between 10.am – 4pm
- Free Access to Mental Health App
- Giving Back
- Opportunity to get involved Charitable causes and the business will give you paid days to do.
- Opportunity to get involved in Business Charitable days (e.g. 24 Hour Gaming to raise money for Macmillan)
- Personal Charitable Boosts from BGFG
- Gaming nights / 5 a side Football
- Modern creative open plan office with sofas seating, collaborative and gaming areas
- Pool Table
- Table Tennis
- Free food (monthly munchies, bagel Fridays, fresh fruit & snacks and coffee and tea on tap)