Do you live and breathe PC Hardware, technology and gaming? Would you like to work in an incredibly exciting and rapidly growing Media company?
Well, due to significant expansion and recent acquisitions, BGFG is offering a unique opportunity at our headquarters in Manchester. This is a chance to be a part of a rapidly growing company of tech and gaming enthusiasts!
- 22 days Holiday plus bank holiday
- A share in our success – every member of staff has the ability to earn a profit pool bonus at the end of our financial year.
- Free food (monthly munchies, bagel Fridays, fresh fruit & snacks and coffee and tea on tap).
- Regular staff socials arranged by our wonderful Employee Community & Culture Committee – virtual until post lockdown.
- Huge opportunities to learn and develop whether through professional qualifications, exposure to incredible business projects or informal lunch & learns, hosted by your colleagues.
What does the job involve?
Your role will require adaptability, a passion for the Gaming industry and a deep knowledge of the PC Technology and Gaming Markets. In your role you will be responsible for:
- To build out the news editorial team focusing on PC hardware initially using competitors such as WCFTech and VideoCardz to build out our strategy.
- To build relationships within the industry to give us a competitive edge on industry leaks, rumours, latest ins and outs within the industry.
- To build out the deals section of WePC focusing on hardware and gaming deals, building relationships and using established relationships with retailers/affiliate platforms and brand marketing teams.
- To build out a weekly/monthly newsletter that will include curated deals and the latest news.
- To build our Reddit assets that focus on specific types of product deals,
- Managing the production and publication of news across the portfolio.
- Driving strategy and innovation across the news operation – striving to engage users in new and inventive ways.
- Managing and building a team of editors to provide global coverage of the gambling and gaming industry in a timely manner.
- Developing and building an international team of news writers who can provide original content that establishes our news as a benchmark of quality in the industry.
- Evaluating the performance of news articles and writers, offering actionable insights on the work being done and how it can improve.
- Staying abreast of developments in the industry to empower editors (and the organisation more broadly) in identifying emerging areas of opportunity and vital updates.
- Continually monitor KPIs and ensure that our users are growing more satisfied with their experiences over time.
So, who do we want?
- We are looking for an experienced and inspirational editor to build out an international news & deals team in the PC hardware, gaming and consumer technology sectors
- Working across a portfolio of products, we are looking for an individual with a passion for creating great news and engaging, informing and delighting users the world over. The role involves building out a team, targeting new markets, developing great strategies and being ultimately responsible for the impact and growth of news & deals.
- As part of the editorial content team, the person in the role will integrate news with the vision and mission of each brand, and align goals and targets to help us win as one. The scope of the role stretches from the organisational and managerial obligations for creating and leading a great team, to the strategic and operational decisions and actions that will create news streams that are market-leading.
- The role requires someone with managerial and operational experience within a news team and an intimate knowledge of PC hardware, gaming and consumer technology is preferred. It is a role for someone who thrives in a fast-paced, growing organisation and enjoys the challenges of working across a number of brands and countries at the same time.
- A bachelor’s degree, or similar professional qualification and at least 5 years experience
- Strong editor who can work across platforms with a proven ability to edit copy quickly, accurately and to the highest standard
- An existing understanding of new and innovative ways of engaging with consumers within the gaming, Hardware and consumer Tech industry
- Experience working collaboratively with multidisciplinary teams
- Flexible and committed, comes up with ideas about how to improve the edition