We’re looking for an experienced journalist with a highly developed news sense to lead and build our editorial output. You will have brilliant industry contacts and a deep knowledge of the tech and gaming markets, with a focus on PC hardware. As well as producing the very best daily content, you’ll work with the site editor to develop our news content strategy and build relationships with key contacts, retailers/affiliate platforms and brand marketing teams. You’ll also be responsible for building up a team of writers across the world to ensure we get the breaking news in the industry before anyone else.
What does the job involve?
Your role will require adaptability, a passion for the Gaming industry and a deep knowledge of the PC Technology and Gaming Markets. In your role you will be responsible for:
- To build out the news editorial team focusing on PC hardware initially using competitors such as WCFTech and VideoCardz to build out our strategy.
- To build relationships within the industry to give us a competitive edge on industry leaks, rumours, latest ins and outs within the industry.
- To build out the deals section of across our assets focusing on hardware and gaming deals, building relationships and using established relationships with retailers/affiliate platforms and brand marketing teams.
- To build out a weekly/monthly newsletter that will include curated deals and the latest news.
- To build our Reddit assets that focus on specific types of product deals,
- Managing the production and publication of news across the portfolio.
- Driving strategy and innovation across the news operation – striving to engage users in new and inventive ways.
- Managing and building a team of editors to provide global coverage of the gambling and gaming industry in a timely manner.
- Developing and building an international team of news writers who can provide original content that establishes our news as a benchmark of quality in the industry.
- Evaluating the performance of news articles and writers, offering actionable insights on the work being done and how it can improve.
- Staying abreast of developments in the industry to empower editors (and the organisation more broadly) in identifying emerging areas of opportunity and vital updates.
- Continually monitor KPIs and ensure that our users are growing more satisfied with their experiences over time.
What Experience Do You Need?
- In-depth knowledge of gaming, PC hardware and consumer tech
- A demonstrable news sense and ability to identify new industry trends
- Solid industry contacts
- Newsroom experience and demonstrable man-management skills
- Proven experience of driving traffic to sites and a passion for SEO
- In-depth knowledge of WordPress and Google Analytics
- Ability to write accurate and entertaining copy, and edit others to the highest standard
- Company Pension Scheme – 3% Employer Contribution
- Company Share scheme
- Recruitment referral fee of £250 per person recruited
- Tech Giveaway Lottery
- Employee rewards programme
- Health & Wellbeing
- 22 days Holiday plus bank holiday
- Private Medical Insurance & Wellbeing (Private GP, Physio, Mental Health, Dental included and discounts on Gym Membership, health tech, Free Apple Watch, Free Amazon Prime, plus lots more)
- Additional Holiday added to your annual allowance per year of service (Up to a max of 10)
- Flexible working with core hours being between 10.am – 4pm
- Free Access to Mental Health App
- Giving Back
- Opportunity to get involved Charitable causes and the business will give you paid days to do.
- Opportunity to get involved in Business Charitable days (e.g. 24 Hour Gaming to raise money for Macmillan)
- Personal Charitable Boosts from BGFG
- Gaming nights / 5 a side Football
- Modern creative open plan office with sofas seating, collaborative and gaming areas
- Pool Table
- Table Tennis
- Free food (monthly munchies, bagel Fridays, fresh fruit & snacks and coffee and tea on tap)