Want to get paid to test games and PC Hardware all day? Read on!
Do you live and breathe PC Hardware, technology and gaming? Would you like to be paid a competitive salary to build a career around your interest or passion?
You’re in luck! We’ve created the dream job for individuals just like you!
Not only will you get the chance to be a part of a rapidly growing company of tech and gaming enthusiasts, but you’ll spend your days benchmarking and testing all kinds of components, peripherals, and games to create engaging videos and content for our YouTube channels and websites.
You’ll literally get paid to be our in-house PC hardware and gaming guru!
- 22 days Holiday plus bank holiday
- A share in our success – every member of staff has the ability to earn a profit pool bonus at the end of our financial year.
- Free food (monthly munchies, bagel Fridays, fresh fruit & snacks and coffee and tea on tap).
- Regular staff socials arranged by our wonderful Employee Community & Culture Committee – virtual until post lockdown.
- Huge opportunities to learn and develop whether through professional qualifications, exposure to incredible business projects or informal lunch & learns, hosted by your colleagues.
And if that’s not enough, you’ll get to test and review products and games as they hit the market!
What does the job involve?
After having all the fun testing the products and games, you’ll get to create:
- Video content for our YouTube channels
- Write ups for our website
- Optimisation guide videos for gamers
- Engaging video content for our social channels
Other duties will include:
- Benchmarking and testing PC tech such as GPU’s, CPU’s, and RAM.
- Creating a write up of the benchmarking process and results.
- Testing other PC tech such as motherboards, monitors, and cooling
- Answering comments and questions from our audience and readers to help solve their PC related issues and queries.
- Any other ad hoc duties to support the growth of our video channels and websites.
So, who do we want?
We’re looking for a true gamer with personality. We want a team player who is ready to go the extra mile to deliver to our audience of experienced gamers. The day-to-day work is interesting, challenging and fast paced, so whilst personality is key, we need an individual who is hardworking, and delivery focused.
Workplace culture is important to us, so you’ll need to be friendly, supportive and prepared to be a part of a team.
An outstanding and demonstrable knowledge of the benchmarking and testing process, optimising tech and games for best performance, PC tech, PC building, PC based products, and gaming.
The ability to benchmark and test to a high standard at a fast pace, under pressure and to agreed deadlines.
- Fantastic communication skills both verbal and written.
- Punctual and reliable.
- Attention to detail.
- Proactive and positive with a can-do attitude.
- Knowledge of PC tech lifecycle.
- Experience upgrading or building PCs.
- Basic understanding of video editing with Adobe creative suite, specifically Premier Pro.
- Experience as a presenter/reviewer for videos.
- Experience working in the tech or video game industry.
- Experience working in a video team or for a video/photography studio.
- Experience working for a YouTube channel or creating videos for your own channel.