We are currently recruiting for a skilled and driven digital journalist with a passion for esports gaming and PC technology. This exciting role will involve working on one of our new brands Esports Verdict. Our vision for Esports Verdict is for it to be the “ESPN” of Esports.
Based out of our brand new Manchester office, you will be in the thick of it, creating compelling unbiased gaming guides, writing up the latest Esports news focusing in on CS:GO audience. In addition to commentating, as a Staff Writer, you will be responsible for crafting content for best of / buyers hardware & peripherals guides, how-to game guides, and tips for the CS:GO Esports audience.
You’ll play a key role in driving our sites’ growth as all content will be rooted in solid SEO insight and being on the pulse of the latest CS:GO Esports goings-on. We’ll help you develop as a writer and teach you how to use our social media channels to connect your work with our readers. You’ll ensure BGFG’s high editorial standards are maintained and keep ahead of our competitors when it comes to identifying new traffic opportunities. You will be part of a wider content and products team that all have a passion for the sector. You will report to the respective brand editors and will have clear strategic direction from the BGFG Editor In Chief and Founders of the business.
You’ll get to work as part of a fantastic and fast-growing editorial team and develop your skills across important areas like SEO. We’ll help you develop as a writer and teach you how to use our social media channels to connect your work with our readers. You’ll ensure BGFG’s high editorial standards are maintained across all our websites and keep ahead of our competitors when it comes to identifying new traffic opportunities.
This role is ideal for someone with prior experience as a staff writer or freelancer in the Esports arena and in particular CS:GO. It may also suit an exceptional writer or graduate looking for their first break. We want a candidate who understands the true value of guides, news and reviews.
- Writing game and gear guides as per a content plan agreed with the site editor.
- Ensuring the audience for these guides is maximised in line with best practice SEO.
- Ensuring that news and guides deliver excellent informative content for users and encourage them to click through and purchase where appropriate.
- Monitoring performance of these articles and assessing next steps as required.
- Update the existing game and gear guides on the sites to ensure they remain relevant and rank highly.
- Providing general social media, subbing, and additional assistance where needed.
- 1-2 years of consistent experience as a freelance writer on an Esports and games website, or full-time experience as a writer in hardware & games media or a related field.
- Proven ability to write high quality, engaging content.
- A strong understanding of SEO best practices and the ability to quickly develop these skills.
- Ability to use Google Analytics to report on and inform content strategies.
- Knowledge and experience of content management systems, in particular, WordPress
- A passion for Esports, gaming and PC Tech.
- An eye for design, with the ability to source eye-catching imagery and structure articles in an appealing way.
- Ability to work as part of, and even be a leader within, a wider team.
- Able to interpret and use audience behavioural data.
- Excellent communication skills between both PR and internal contacts.
As well as our standard benefits, we have a number of awesome perks available to our staff including:
- A share in our success
- Every member of staff has the opportunity to receives a profit pool bonus at the end of our financial year
- You will also get the opportunity to be invited into the employee share save scheme
- Free food (monthly munchies, bagel Fridays, fresh fruit & snacks and coffee and tea on tap)
- Central Manchester office location with a cool open plan working space
- Regular staff socials arranged by our wonderful Employee Social secretary!
- Huge opportunities to learn and develop whether through professional qualifications, exposure to incredible business projects or informal lunch & learns, hosted by your colleagues
We Are BGFG
We have big ambitions to transform media and change people’s lives. Together, we connect people to their passions through the high-quality content we create and the innovative technology we pioneer. It’s an incredibly exciting time to join!
BGFG is the name behind our market-leading brands in specialist sectors across technology, gaming & entertainment, music, creative & photography, hobbies, knowledge and home interest