We are currently recruiting for skilled and driven digital journalists with a passion for gaming, PC building, technology and gaming. This exciting role will involve working on one of our flagship brand WePC.com. They collectively attract over 1.5 million users per month.
Based out of our brand Manchester City Centre office, you will be in the thick of it, creating compelling unbiased buying advice, writing up the latest news scoop in the PC Gaming technology sector. Specifically, as a Staff Writer, you will be responsible for crafting content for best of / buyers guides, product reviews, how-to, and tips for various computer PC gaming hardware and peripheral products.
You’ll play a key role in driving our sites’ growth as all content will be rooted in solid SEO insight. We’ll help you develop as a writer and teach you how to use our social media channels to connect your work with our readers. You’ll ensure BGFG’s high editorial standards are maintained and keep ahead of our competitors when it comes to identifying new traffic opportunities. You will be part of a wider content and products team that all have a passion for the sector. You will report to the respective brand editors and will have clear strategic direction from the BGFG Editor In Chief and Founders of the business.
You’ll get to work as part of a fantastic and fast-growing editorial team and develop your skills across important areas like SEO. We’ll help you develop as a writer and teach you how to use our social media channels to connect your work with our readers. You’ll ensure BGFG’s high editorial standards are maintained across all our websites and keep ahead of our competitors when it comes to identifying new traffic opportunities.
This role is ideal for someone with prior experience as a staff writer or freelancer for a PC building, technology, games technology website, or magazine, with demonstrable experience of writing guides and review content. It may also suit an exceptional writer or graduate looking for their first break. We want a candidate who understands the true value of guides and reviews, helping our readers answer their questions about the products they love and allow them to get more from their interactive experiences.
- Developing test formats for product categories, including computers, peripherals, equipment, and games.
- Writing buyers guides as per a content plan agreed with the site editor.
- Identifying the best products to feature across a range of price points to reach a variety of audiences.
- Ensuring the audience for these guides is maximised in line with best practice SEO.
- Ensuring that reviews deliver excellent and informative content for users and encourage them to click through and purchase where appropriate.
- Monitoring performance of these articles and assessing next steps as required.
- Update existing buying guides on the sites to ensure they remain relevant and rank highly.
- Providing general social media, subbing, and additional assistance where needed.
- 1-2 years of consistent experience as a freelance writer on a hardware and games website, or full-time experience as a writer in hardware & games media or a related field.
- Proven ability to write high quality, engaging review-based content.
- A strong understanding of SEO best practices and the ability to quickly develop these skills.
- Ability to use Google Analytics to report on and inform content strategies.
- Knowledge and experience of content management systems, in particular, WordPress
- A passion for gaming, technology, and PC building.
- An eye for design, with the ability to source eye-catching imagery and structure articles in an appealing way.
- Ability to work as part of, and even be a leader within, a wider team.
- Able to interpret and use audience behavioural data.
- Excellent communication skills between both PR and internal contacts.
- Company Pension Scheme – 3% Employer Contribution
- Company Share scheme
- Recruitment referral fee of £250 per person recruited
- Tech Giveaway Lottery
- Employee rewards programme
- Health & Wellbeing
- 22 days Holiday plus bank holiday
- Private Medical Insurance & Wellbeing (Private GP, Physio, Mental Health, Dental included and discounts on Gym Membership, health tech, Free Apple Watch, Free Amazon Prime, plus lots more)
- Additional Holiday added to your annual allowance per year of service (Up to a max of 10)
- Flexible working with core hours being between 10.am – 4pm
- Free Access to Mental Health App
- Giving Back
- Opportunity to get involved Charitable causes and the business will give you paid days to do.
- Opportunity to get involved in Business Charitable days (e.g. 24 Hour Gaming to raise money for Macmillan)
- Personal Charitable Boosts from BGFG
- Gaming nights / 5 a side Football
- Modern creative open plan office with sofas seating, collaborative and gaming areas
- Pool Table
- Table Tennis
- Free food (monthly munchies, bagel Fridays, fresh fruit & snacks and coffee and tea on tap
We Are BGFG
We have big ambitions to transform media and change people’s lives. Together, we connect people to their passions through the high-quality content we create and the innovative technology we pioneer. It’s an incredibly exciting time to join!
BGFG is the name behind our market-leading brands in specialist sectors across technology, gaming & entertainment, music, creative & photography, hobbies, knowledge and home interest