WePC Gaming is looking to supplement its in-house editorial team with a number of games newshounds, capable of sniffing out a story and reacting quickly to beat the competition while also providing more of the good stuff than they are.
We’re looking for writers who have a strong passion for gaming and know what’s coming inside out.
Ideally, you will already have plenty of experience producing this kind of content. Having said that, if your keyboard fingers are permanently on the pulse of the industry
WePC is the flagship site at BGFG (By Gamers For Gamers) and we’re one of the fastest-growing games sites in the world. We’re looking for the best writers to join us on our journey. We don’t just want great copy, we want great copy again and again and again (and again actually!) Is that you? Then come and say hello.
We’d love you to supply some URLs of your published work, CV, and cover note explaining why we can write beautiful articles together.
Initially, the role would suit a freelancer looking to devote some time to something more permanent and reliable, but we also would not rule out a full-time opportunity for the right candidate.
BGFG is based in Manchester, UK but you can be anywhere. We’d love to be the first company to hire a freelancer on the moon. We can always work out the details around your differing time zones. This is 2022 after all.
- At least 2 years of consistent experience as a freelance on a respected games website, or full-time experience as a writer in hardware & games media or a related field
- Proven ability to write high-quality, engaging content.
- A strong understanding of SEO best practices and the ability to quickly improve these skills
- Proven results in appearing on news aggregators/discovery platforms such as Google News and Google Discover.
- Knowledge and experience of content management systems, in particular, WordPress
- An existing book of contacts of the best PRs in the business would also be highly beneficial as part of the role is building relationships in order to get stories first.
- A passion for gaming on any format
- An eye for design, with the ability to source eye-catching imagery and structure articles in an appealing way
- Ability to work quickly to tight deadlines
We Are BGFG
We have big ambitions to transform media and change people’s lives. Together, we connect people to their passions through the high-quality content we create and the innovative technology we pioneer. It’s an incredibly exciting time to join!
BGFG is the name behind our market-leading brands in specialist sectors across technology, gaming & entertainment, music, creative & photography, hobbies, knowledge, and home interest.