Based in the heart of Manchester, Gaming Verdict aims to provide gamers with all they need to know about the games that matter. It’s a site that provides authoritative guides and essential news on the biggest games across all platforms, from PC to mobile.
We’re looking for people that love to write and talk about games almost as much as they love to play them. Candidates will have an in-depth knowledge of the games they play, and an unrelenting desire to know more about the games they don’t.
It would be ideal if you have some experience in digital games journalism, can apply your knowledge of SEO best practices and possess an analytical, detail-driven mind, but demonstrable enthusiasm and ability are all we really care about. And a love of games, of course!
The successful applicant will join a team of like-minded individuals, bursting with gaming and publishing experience, that can turn its mind to any task and always provide unique editorial that’s kept to a consistently high standard.
- Research, plan and write news, guides and other original articles, as per the Gaming Verdict content plan
- Ensure that content ranks highly, is entertaining and informative, and remains relevant to the appropriate audience
- Remain informed and updated about gaming trends and future game releases
- Contribute ideas and feedback and strive to become a key member of the Gaming Verdict and BGFG teams
- Provide general social media, subbing, and additional assistance where needed
- Proven ability to write and edit high quality, engaging content
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Desire to work within a close-knit editorial team in Manchester
- A passion for games and gaming tech
- Experience as a freelance contributor or editorial member of a gaming website or channel.
- A strong understanding of SEO best practices and the ability and desire to quickly develop these skills.
- Ability to use analytics tools to report on and inform content strategies.
- Knowledge and experience of content management systems, in particular, WordPress
- A passion for esports, gaming and PC Tech.
- An eye for design, with the ability to source eye-catching imagery and structure articles in an appealing way.
- Ability to work as part of, and even be a leader within, a wider team.
- Able to interpret and use audience behavioural data.
- Excellent communication skills between both PR and internal contacts.
- Company Pension Scheme – 3% Employer Contribution
- Company Share scheme
- Recruitment referral fee of £250 per person recruited
- Tech Giveaway Lottery
- Employee rewards programme
- Health & Wellbeing
- 22 days Holiday plus bank holiday
- Private Medical Insurance & Wellbeing (Private GP, Physio, Mental Health, Dental included and discounts on Gym Membership, health tech, Free Apple Watch, Free Amazon Prime, plus lots more)
- Additional Holiday added to your annual allowance per year of service (Up to a max of 10)
- Flexible working with core hours being between 10.am – 4pm
- Free Access to Mental Health App
- Giving Back
- Opportunity to get involved Charitable causes and the business will give you paid days to do.
- Opportunity to get involved in Business Charitable days (e.g. 24 Hour Gaming to raise money for Macmillan)
- Personal Charitable Boosts from BGFG
- Gaming nights / 5 a side Football
- Modern creative open plan office with sofas seating, collaborative and gaming areas
- Pool Table
- Table Tennis
- Free food (monthly munchies, bagel Fridays, fresh fruit & snacks and coffee and tea on tap)
All applications must include a CV and cover letter, detailing your work, writing, and gaming experience. Be aware that if you are selected for an in-person interview, you will be asked to complete a short editorial assignment on the premises.
We Are BGFG
We have big ambitions to transform media and change people’s lives. Together, we connect people to their passions through the high-quality content we create and the innovative technology we pioneer. It’s an incredibly exciting time to join!
BGFG is the name behind our market-leading brands in specialist sectors across technology, gaming & entertainment, music, creative & photography, hobbies, knowledge and home interest